Tuesday 8 November 2011

Poster Layouts

Before we could begin to design our film poster, we plan the layout of how we want our poster to look.
This first poster has many elements to it but the main focus is the image of the actress, we want this image to be the main focus of the whole poster because we want it to be strong and powerful. By having thefilm title,then the month of release. By only giving the month of release it will make it more memorable for the audience because a month is easier to remeber than a actual date.
In this layout I tried putting the film title first, however I dont think it will stand out as much if its before the image because the imae is so large they will skip over the first part and then look at the image.
In this poster I decided to place the film title across the picture, I did this to mske both the film title and image to stand out. In this poster I also decided to not have the name of the actress, this will make the poster stronger and have less clutter.

With the previous poster layouts i had the production titles at the bottom to make it look more subtle however in this one I decided to have the production title at the top. This makes it more apparent to the audience that this film is by 'Parrallel Productions'.
I think out of all of these layouts the third and fourth layout is the strongest.

No comments:

Post a Comment